LSU Officials Blew It

• User
    RunningLawyer
    NCAA XC Uniform Rule 8-8, page 122

"All cross country team members must wear uniforms clearly indicating, through color, logo and combination of all worn outer garments, that members are from the same team;"

Pat's pics show the Southeastern guys in violation of the above.
    Some runners think they are immune to the rules.
  • User
    kcgold
    good one runninglawyer, did u see if everybody was wearing the same shorts too, what if someone was wearing tights? or did you just pick out the winners?? its no good to b a lawyer if youre not going to be fair. I'm sure you will study the film in between your JAG re-runs
  • User
    RunningLawyer Edited
    by la_puta
    who cares! it was not a conference meet, it was the lsu meet. Not really a big deal!

by kcgold
    good one runninglawyer, did u see if everybody was wearing the same shorts too, what if someone was wearing tights? or did you just pick out the winners?? its no good to b a lawyer if youre not going to be fair. I'm sure you will study the film in between your JAG re-runs

Ahh, poor babies! Great comebacks, though. Why don't you both waltz into the football coaches
  • User
    Insider
    pitkin15 Edited
    Well, RL you are right who cares about Cross Country? This isn't Louisiana Football, Baseball, and heck even Basketball. That's why I got into this sport because it's fun and relaxed. Runners are the most chilled fun people to be around ever.

Until i went to LSU Indoor Track meets and also saw you on here. Then i realized there are douches in every sport.
  • John Min
    User
    firestarter1388
    Who cares for real? Most races aren't strict about how the athletes are dressed because nobody cares runninglawyer. Everyone is focusing on conference and unless it is a nationally rated race, then nobody is going to be a jerk like you. I think we should assign you as the "personal uniform inspector" so you can get all up and inside the men's tights. Why don't you get off the forums and give the Southeastern Coach a call or shoot him an email and see how much he cares? It's not like him or anybody respectable in the running community is going to care what your fat a**thinks.
  • User
    Insider
    lvinbr
    Only in Louisiana would so many people be whining about following simple rules. Next they'll be blaming the feds for these "arbitrary and capricious" rules.
  • Site Admin
    chaz
    What is your fascination with the negatives of everything? Are you not a happy person? Seriously man, get off the boards and go out for a walk, it's great outside.
  • Bryan Mutell
    User
    BryMutell
    RunningLawyer

As for tights, Zack, they're usually worn by mediocre/slow running collegiate wannabe's who are trying to hide big legs and fat asses...and by those who offer lame excuses for consistently finishing in the BACK of the pack.

oh okay, that's why galen rupp wears them.
  • Greg Marks
    User
    Brorunner
    RunningLawyer

As for tights, Zack, they're usually worn by mediocre/slow running collegiate wannabe's who are trying to hide big legs and fat asses...and by those who offer lame excuses for consistently finishing in the BACK of the pack.

Maybe you don't understand why they call them tights. Have you ever seen a fat man wear Under Armour? It does anything but "hide big legs and fat asses." It may smooth out "cottage-cheese" thighs, but it by no means hides the smallest of rolls.
  • User
    RunningLawyer Edited
    BryMutell
    oh okay, that's why galen rupp wears them.

uhhh, Junior...please adjust your set... it's producing some blurred pics... or are you on the same stuff your mayor is on?
  • Jonathan Grace
    User
    jgraceparkview7 Edited
    Galen Rupp depicted in this image wearing tights...as well as a long sleeve shirt. One may think this was due to low temperatures. However, when interviewed after the race, Galen stated that his reasoning for wearing the tights/long sleeves was because he was feeling slow and self-conscious about his body.

edit: the image

• User
    RunningLawyer Edited
    Specs, nothing illegal about that scenario.... t-mate chose not to wear the undergarment; therefore, all is legal, NCAA or NFHS-wise. All do not have to wear, but if they do, 2+ must be same COLOR, as are colors of all shorts/bottoms and singlet/tops.
  • User
    RunningLawyer Edited
    nahhh, when looking at Chaz's pics and Pat's video, only one team stands out, so me thinks the only reference spec makes is regarding the rare-use-of-tights-Rupp-photo above. The LSU pics and video indicate only one team is a non-conformist....the one having its own student visa office and interpreter set up at the track office. As for those who blast me about my insistence that rules be followed at every competition, they can ONLY be card-carrying Democrats who are using too much makeup and pouring more ObamaMamaManiaZitCreme over their Wheaties than needed. Too, they seem to be emulating a few coaches who want rules selectively enforced ONLY when it doesn't involve/affect THEIR team.

Lame comments from the peanut gallery now being accepted.
  • Nuwanda
    User
    Nuwanda
    As much as I hate RunningLawyer, he makes this site amusing and borderline funny. RunningLawyer, nobody likes you but keep it up, you may be the main reason I check this site so much. He really knows how to bring out the uptight personalities in all of us distance runners. OK, no more encouragement!
  • Zach Fitzgerald
    User
    3200guy
    Nuwanda
    As much as I hate RunningLawyer, he makes this site amusing and borderline funny. RunningLawyer, nobody likes you but keep it up, you may be the main reason I check this site so much. He really knows how to bring out the uptight personalities in all of us distance runners. OK, no more encouragement!

Runninglawyer claims to be a woman.