Dear Cross Country Coach:
We would like to invite you to participate in this years Holy Cross/Dominican Cross Country Invitational. This year the meet will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2019, in City Park. We would like to thank Varsity Sports for providing Top 10 Finisher t-shirts and NOTC for their sponsorship of the course cutting, and.
There will be six races this year: Girls & Boys combined non-scored Elementary, Middle School/Junior High Boys & Girls combined, Girls & Boys combined JV 3 mile, Girls & Boys combined JV 2 mile non-scored, Girls Varsity, and Boys Varsity. Each school will be allowed to enter unlimited runners in the Elementary, Junior High, and JV races and 12 runners in the Varsity races. Only five runners will count for team honors. To compete for team honors, a school must have five runners finish the race. The Top 10 finishers in each race will be presented with invitational t-shirts at the finish line.
Elementary coaches are encouraged to race their fastest runners in the middle school/junior high race.
Schedule of Events
- 6:45a.m. - Check-In/Pick-up Packet
- 7:15am- Girls non-scored Elementary -1.5 miles (unlimited entries, up to 8th grade, non-registered athletes only - time cut off at 25 mins)
- 7:40am- Boys non-scored Elementary -1.5 miles (unlimited entries, up to 8th grade, non-registered athletes only - time cut off at 25 mins)
- 8:05am- Girls & Boys Middle School/Junior High -2 miles (unlimited, up to 8th grade, non-registered athletes only - time cut off at 30 mins)
- 8:35a.m. - Girls Varsity - 3 miles (limited to 12 entries, LHSAA registered athletes only - time cut off at 30 mins)
- 9:10a.m. - Boys Varsity - 3 miles (limited to 12 entries, LHSAA registered athletes only - time cut off at 30 mins)
- 9:45a.m. - Boys & Girls Junior Varsity - 2/3 miles (unlimited entries, LHSAA registered athletes only)
- Awards following the conclusion of the JV race
An entry fee of $70.00 per school will be charged to help defray expenses. Please make your check payable to Dominican High School. Pre-registration is required. Please read the enclosed page for further instructions.
Please pre-register thru la.milesplit.com
Enter City Park from Marconi Drive and turn right onto Harrison Avenue. The staging area (registration/scoring) is along Diagonal Rd. Parking is allowed only on Diagonal Rd. or Harrison Ave. on the west side of Diagonal Rd. (Please do not park on Harrison Ave. on the east side of Diagonal Rd.)
Good luck this season. See you on Saturday, September 21st!
- No discussions yet. Be the first!