We caught up with St. Joseph's Academy head coach Mark LaHaye to talk about his team's first few meets, how they prepared for the season, and more.
Interview Talking Points:
- 00:15 - How the first few races have gone for SJA
- 1:15 - How hurricane Ida affected training and racing.
- 3:41 - The team's preparation for the McNeese State Cowboy Stampede
- 4:44 - Michelle Daigle's Race at Episcopal Round Table Run
- 6:30 - Preseason camp motivation and the '5-Things' team discussion
- 9:00 - The benefits of traveling to a preseason camp
- 11:25 - Competing at The Nike South Region Meet and mindset
- 14:36 - What has it been like building a program and a culture at SJA?
- 17:22 - How does building a culture impact the state and other teams?
- 18:50 - Where we will see SJA put their top squad on the line before state
- 21:08 - Finals thoughts on Louisiana XC
- Weekend Rundown: Jesuit Opens Up Season In Alabama
- Louisiana Rising Stars: A Look To The Present And Future
- St. Joseph's Academy Looks To Continue Success in 2021
- MileSplit Louisiana XC Podcast: Episode 1