Coaches, here's a short guide to all you need to know in order to manage your team page, rosters, and schedule.
As the LHSAA Track season begins, there is a lot coaches can do to manage their team pages. This is especially useful if you'll be using MileSplit online registration for any of your meets this fall.
Step One: If you are a coach of a team but not yet a registered user:
1. Go to http://la.milesplit.com and click on the Register link in the upper right corner.
2. Fill out the registration page.
Wait for a confirmation message sent to the e-mail address you provided. Once that comes, use your new MileSplit username and password provided to log in. You may change your password to something more memorable by clicking on your username and then Edit Profile once you are logged in.
3. Next go to your team page (click on Teams in the blue navigation bar and select your school). Click on the Claim This Team button directly below the school name. Fill out the indicated information (you only need to register as a coach or a team admin, not both), and submit.
4. You must now wait for a confirmation message that you are accepted as a team admin for your school. This can take as long as 24 hours, but usually happens much sooner than that.
Step Two: Now that you have Coach or Team Admin status for your school:
1. Go to Louisiana Running Milesplit (http://la.milesplit.com) and log in with your username and password.
2. Click on Teams on the main blue navigation bar and select your school.
3. Click on the black Team Manager button in the center of the page directly below your school name.
4. Next click on the Roster link on the left-hand side of the page. This will bring up your editable team roster. You will note that most of the athletes on your team are already entered. Here are the steps you need to go through at this page to make your roster fully up-to-date:
a. Note that there are two seasons shown for athletes, XC and TF. Select the checkbox any athletes who have XC/Track showing next to them but won’t be participating in cross country and click on the Remove from XC/Track button. This is a much better option than using the Make Inactive button (which is discussed below). While this will not remove athletes from showing on your school's team page, this will keep athletes who are not part of your cross country or trak team from showing on the roster from which you select entries for online registration for meets.
b. To add new athletes to the rosoter, click the Add Athlete button. Fill in the information needed for that athlete and either return to the roster page by clicking Roster, or add another athlete by clicking the Add New Athlete button at the bottom.
c. If athletes have moved away from your school or are no longer involved in either track and field or cross country, you may click on the checkbox next to their names and then click the Make Inactive button. Please use Make Inactive only for these purposes!
d. If you find athletes showing on your roster who have graduated, that is because there is no year of graduation (or at least not a correct year of graduation) entered for them in the database. Click on their name and enter the correct year of graduation. This will remove them from your editable roster.
e. If you find athletes with misspelled names, click on their name and edit the spelling of the name to a correct spelling. Please do not use middle initials unless absolutely necessary. Please run last names like Van Dyke together (as in VanDyke).
f. If you find duplicate athletes, please notify me using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and I will merge them.
g. If you would like to add meets to your schedule so that parents or athletes can go to your team page to see your schedule, click on the blueSchedule/Results link in the left-hand column, scroll down to the Add Meets to Schedule section and select meets to add to your schedule.
e. When you done editing your roster, you can click on Home on the main blue navigation bar to return to the regular pages of the site.
During the Season:
If you wish to view athletes' records of performances at any time during the season, during the summer, or whenever, you need only go to your team page and click on the athlete's name. This will bring up the athlete's profile page with a full history of all results entered into the MileSplit database. The PRs and most recent results for the athlete are shown on the athlete's Stats tab. Other tabs provide more information about the athlete.