The Southeastern Louisiana University track & field teams earned nine-first place finishes at the McNeese Indoor III.
The Lions and Lady Lions wrapped up a busy weekend of two separate meets in Lake Charles, and head coach Sean Brady was pleased with the effort.
"We had a solid meet today," said Brady. "A few people earned some spots today, as well as a few personal bests."
One of those came from Alicia Noel, who broke the school record in the women's 55-meter hurdles. The senior posted a time of 7.98 seconds, earning second place.
Sharon Ann Ourso led the women's group of pole vaulters, who all claimed the top-four spots in the event. Ourso posted a first-place mark of eleven feet, 11.75 inches, while Katelyn Whitekiller (10-11.75), Whitney Adams (10-11.75), and Addison Martinez (10-11.75) finished second, third, and fourth, respectively.
Junior Bernadette Derosier won the women's triple jump, posting a mark of thirty-six feet, seven inches. The women's distance medley team also placed first, combining for a time of 4:05.22.
On the men's side, six first-place finishes were earned; including senior T.J. Herbert, who posted a time of 23.32 seconds in the men's 200-meter dash. Tarvoris Mackearned the top spot in the men's 1000-meter run, while the men's distance medley team combined for a first-place time of 3:30.75.
In the men's long jump, the Lions took five of the top-six spots. Julian Maze came in first place, posting a mark of 21-02.75, while Dantrayl Sanders (21-02.00), Sammuel Abboud (21-01.25), Tarvoris Mack (20-07.75), and Collin Rowland (18-11.75) placed second, third, fourth, and sixth, respectively.
Junior Vance Law (4.60m, 15-01.00) won the men's pole vault, as teammate Kevin Dorhauer (4.30m, 14-01.25) tied for second.
The Lions also cleaned up in the men's triple jump, as Sammuel Abboud (13.70m, 44-11.50), Julian Maze (13.23m, 43-05.00), and Dantrayl Sanders (12.90m, 42-04.00) placed first, second, and third respectively.
"We definitely took advantage of the day," said Brady. "The low-key atmosphere of the meet allowed us to do some coaching, which we will use going into LSU next week."
The Southeastern track and field teams will compete next week in Baton Rouge at LSU Twilight.
Women's 55-Meter Dash
8. Domonique White, 7.68
Women's 800-Meter Run
4. Heather Fitzhenry, 2:33.56
6. Bayliegh Butler, 2:39.00
Women's 1-Mile Run
7. Heather Fitzhenry, 5:38.23
Women's 55-Meter Dash
2. Alicia Noel, 7.98
4. Teirral Thompson, 8.76
5. Charlyn Miller, 8.79
6. Cydney Moreau, 9.49
Women's 4x400-Meter Relay
1. SE LA A, 4:05.22
2. SE LA B, x4:28.44
Women's Pole Vault
1. Sharon Ann Ourso, 3.65m, 11-11.75
2. Katelyn Whitekiller, 3.35m, 10-11.75
3. Whitney Adams, 3.35m, 10-11.75
4. Addison Martinez, 3.35m, 10-11.75
Women's Long Jump
2. Katelynn Smith, 5.32m, 17-08.25
3. Brookais Milton, 5.30m, 17-04.75
4. Bernadette Derosier, 5.13m, 16-10.00
6. Nia Stewart, 5.06m, 16-07.25
Women's Triple Jump
1. Bernadette Derosier, 11.15m, 36-07.00
Women's Shot Put
4. Amber Darville, 11.33m, 37-02.25
5. Erin O'Neal, 11.26m, 36-11.50
Women's Weight Throw
3. Amber Darville, 14.50m, 47-07.00
5. Erin O'Neal, 14.00m, 45-11.25
6. Kierra Crews, 13.96m, 45-09.75
8. Schuyler Young, 12.25m, 40-02.25
Men's 55 Meter-Dash
3. Jordan Rosemund, 6.67
4. Billy Minnifield, 6.71
Men's 200-Meter Dash
1. T.J. Herbert, 23.32
5. Jordan Rosemund, 24.60
Men's 400-Meter Dash
4. Dwayne Woodard, 53.29
5. Brendon Mitchell, 54.28
Men's 1000-Meter Run
1. Tarvoris Mack, 2:57.78
3. Collin Rowland, 3:39.39
Men's 3000-Meter Run
13. Joseph LeGrange
Men's 55-Meter Hurdles
5. Collin Rowland, 8.10
6. Christian Chapman, 8.23
Men 4x400-Meter Run
1. Alex Holden, Brian Verdin, Jospeh Edwards, Harry Wiggins, 3:30.75
Men's Pole Vault
1. Vance Law, 4.60m, 15-01.00
2. Kevin Dorhauer, 4.30m, 14-01.25
Men's Long Jump
1. Julian Maze, 6.47m, 21-02.75
2. Dantrayl Sanders, 6.45m, 21-02.00
3. Samuel Abboud, 6.43m, 21-01.25
4. Tarvoris Mack, 6.29m, 20-07.75
6. Collin Rowland, 5.78m, 18-11.75
Men's Triple Jump
1. Samuel Abboud, 13.70m, 44-11.50
2. Julian Maze, 13.23m, 43-05.00
3. Dantrayl Sanders, 12.90m, 42-04.00
Men's Shot Put
4. Jarrod Hale, 12.65m, 41-06.00
5. Collin Rowland, 12.48m, 40-11.50
7. Tarvoris Mack, 11.70m, 38-04.75
Men's Weight Throw
3. Jarrod Hale, 15.34m, 50-04.00