Distance Coaching Advice
04/16/2018 12:53:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coaches, I am currently working on a book for distance coaches written by distance coaches so that we can all learn from each other. My plan is to have a wide variety of distance coaches from all over the country complete a questionnaire containing 10 questions. Some questions are very simple while others may involve a little more explanation. If you would like to participate, please feel free to answer as few or as many questions as you would like writing as much as you would like to share. I plan to compile the answers into a format that flows well for the reader. My ultimate goal is to create a resource for all coaches old and new that will allow us to continue to improve the state of American distance running. The book will be available to read through Amazon and you will have a published voice in the distance world. Everyone has taken on an incredible task of building a distance program and I hope you are willing to share some of your insights. If you are interested in helping, please email me at kent.falting@bossierschools.org and I will email you the survey. I would like to have enough coaching input to make this book worthwhile. I, too, have answered these questions and they are eye-opening to me as well as an enjoyable walk down memory lane. Here is a list of some of the coaches who have already agreed to participate: Will Freeman (author of numerous books and videos on distance coaching), Dave Frank (Galen Rupp’s high school coach), Chris Quick (author of One Way Uphill Only), Khadevis Robinson (two-time Olympic 800m qualifier), Mike Power (ran for Arkansas and the Australian Olympic team), Frank Trammel (NFHS National Cross Country Coach of the Year), Claney Duplechin (Louisiana’s winningest cross country coach), Doug Soles (National Coach of the Year), and Dr. Jeff Messer (National Coach of the Year and one of the top distance presenters in the country). I would like to represent all types of programs from rural to urban, small class to large. Please take the time to share your valuable advice. Thanks again. Kent Falting Cross Country/Track Coach Parkway High School Bossier City, LA kent.falting@bossierschools.org
Coaches,

I am currently working on a book for distance coaches written by distance coaches so that we can all learn from each other. My plan is to have a wide variety of distance coaches from all over the country complete a questionnaire containing 10 questions. Some questions are very simple while others may involve a little more explanation. If you would like to participate, please feel free to answer as few or as many questions as you would like writing as much as you would like to share. I plan to compile the answers into a format that flows well for the reader. My ultimate goal is to create a resource for all coaches old and new that will allow us to continue to improve the state of American distance running. The book will be available to read through Amazon and you will have a published voice in the distance world. Everyone has taken on an incredible task of building a distance program and I hope you are willing to share some of your insights.

If you are interested in helping, please email me at kent.falting@bossierschools.org and I will email you the survey. I would like to have enough coaching input to make this book worthwhile. I, too, have answered these questions and they are eye-opening to me as well as an enjoyable walk down memory lane.

Here is a list of some of the coaches who have already agreed to participate: Will Freeman (author of numerous books and videos on distance coaching), Dave Frank (Galen Rupp's high school coach), Chris Quick (author of One Way Uphill Only), Khadevis Robinson (two-time Olympic 800m qualifier), Mike Power (ran for Arkansas and the Australian Olympic team), Frank Trammel (NFHS National Cross Country Coach of the Year), Claney Duplechin (Louisiana's winningest cross country coach), Doug Soles (National Coach of the Year), and Dr. Jeff Messer (National Coach of the Year and one of the top distance presenters in the country).
I would like to represent all types of programs from rural to urban, small class to large. Please take the time to share your valuable advice.

Thanks again.
Kent Falting
Cross Country/Track Coach
Parkway High School
Bossier City, LA
kent.falting@bossierschools.org

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.